You will be responsible for completing the tasks listed below at a journey-level competency as an Electrician in Facilities Campus Operations:
* Testing electrical circuits to locate shorts, faulty connections and defective parts using test meters
* Planning, layout and installing conduit, wiring, fixtures, motors, HVAC Control and other electrical systems
* Installing control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and circuit breakers
* Properly using equipment, material and tools in a safe and professional manner
* Reading diagrams, blueprints, motor and generator diagrams
* Being proficient in the application of the National Electric Code
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.htmlbenefit packages.About UB
The http://www.buffalo.eduUniversity at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.