The Support Services organization at Tufts University delivers administrative services to schools and central units across the university's three campuses. Administrative activities that are common across the many central divisions and schools have been consolidated, allowing highly qualified teams to provide exemplary administrative support to faculty and staff. Comprising administrative support for transactional tasks in payroll, benefits administration and finance, support services is customer-focused and strives for continuous improvement and high customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do
The Senior Benefits Administration Coordinator is responsible for processing benefits elections in the PeopleSoft benefits module. The Senior Coordinator ensures accurate and timely processing of all benefit election activity and other employee benefit transactions / adjustments. The Senior Coordinator is responsible for reviewing benefit data for completeness and accuracy, following up on inaccurate information or approvals, and makes changes in the system as required. For Open Enrollment, the Senior Benefits Administration Coordinator assists the Benefits Data Administration Supervisor with testing. The Senior Coordinator assist the Benefits Data Administration Supervisor with day-to-day activity and is the primary backup to the Benefit Data Administration Supervisor.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through the completion of an Associate’s degree with equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years related experience with benefits and payroll. Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience in a complex, Human Resources automated environment. Demonstrated skills in process improvements relative to Human Resource operations.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar HCM system for HR, payroll and benefits processes.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of knowledge in payroll tax, retirement and benefits regulations.
- Excellent customer service orientation and strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, problem-solve and research thoroughly, contribute to peer learning and collaborate in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPP preferred.
- Experience delivering Benefits and/or Payroll expertise through a shared services operating model.
- Work experience in higher education
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.