Position Number: T-004-2024
Department: Health Services
Time (Percent Time):
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
Salary: Professional Expert - Project Expert, Levels I-V: $16.00 - $36.00/hour
Open Date: 09/25/2023
Initial Screening Date: 10/31/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on the listed Close Date are assured consideration. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online:
1. Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed resume that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree.
5. Letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Health & Welfare:
Persons employed for temporary employment are not eligible to participate in the Colleges Health and Welfare plan or option fringe benefit plan in conjunction with their employment. Human Resources will track the eligibility requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Should a person meet the eligibility requirements, Human Resources will initiate an open enrollment period to enroll an ACA designated medical plan.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
1. Performs general office duties including scheduling appointments; answering and screening phone calls; greeting visitors; operating standard office machines and equipment; maintaining accurate and complete medical records pertaining to the patient; and typing letters, memos, and medical reports.
2. Assists patients with the completion of accident reports, insurance claim forms, and other documents as needed.
3. Records patients medical information including vital signs, pulse oximetry, allergy status, reason for visit, etc. in the medical record.
4. Assures that medical record entries are legible and accurate; includes the date and time of entry and adds "MA" to his/her signature as required by law.
5. Maintains examination rooms and laboratory ensuring that they are clean and well stocked.
6. Assists with office and medical supplies inventory, maintenance, and ordering of supplies, equipment, and pharmaceuticals when needed.
7. Provides first aid in an emergency, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as needed.
8. Under the supervision of a Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Registered Nurse, administers immunizations, performs tuberculin skin tests, urinalysis, blood glucose and lipid profiles, urine pregnancy tests, and other in-house laboratory tests; does not interpret test results.
Page 2 of 4
9. Performs other support duties, including obtaining laboratory specimens such as blood, urine, etc. as specified by a medical order, removing sutures, and performing ear lavages.
10. Abides by all confidentiality practices required by department, state, and federal policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
11. Maintains a clean and orderly environment.
12. Attends a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
13. Promotes an environment of belonging as it relates to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, anti-racism, and accessibility.
14. Provides quality customer service when interacting with the public, vendors, students, and College staff, including individuals from minoritized groups.
15. Supports and abides by federal, state, local policies, and Board Policies and Administrative Procedures.
16. Participates on committees, task forces, and special assignments, including, but not limited to Screening and Selection Committees and mandated trainings as required.
17. Prepares and delivers oral presentations related to assigned areas as required.
18. Learns and applies emerging technologies, to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
1. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. While Medical Assistants are not certified, registered, or licensed in the State of California, the Medical Board of California does require that medical assistants complete specific types and hours of training to perform the duties outlined in their scope of practice. This training must be documented and a physician or other qualified teacher, as identified by the Medical Board of California, must certify in writing that the Medical Assistant has completed the training successfully. District-specific requirements are as follows:
a. Equivalent to a Medical Assistant Certificate from a program recognized by the Medical Board of California; and
b. Three (3) years of experience in a healthcare setting.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Employees primarily work in a health clinic environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Incumbents may be exposed to blood and body fluids rendering first aid, CPR, and/or treating patients. Employees may interact with individuals when interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard health clinic setting and use standard medical and office equipment, including a computer; to operate a motor vehicle to visit District sites and attend meetings; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. This is partially a sedentary classification; frequent standing in work areas and walking between work areas is required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office and medical equipment. Positions in this classification frequently bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 25 pounds.
Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is required to be present on Mt. San Antonio Colleges campus to perform all essential duties and responsibilities.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report.
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
For more details about this position, please contact:
Name: Candie Marin
Title: Administrative Specialist III
Phone: (909) 274-5964
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
Cancel RTF Policy:
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/11067