Outreach and Community Engagement Manager
The Outreach and Community Engagement Manager will work closely with the Director of Student Success in the School of Systems and Enterprises to develop a broad set of resources that will support the SSE student community throughout the entire student life cycle, from admission to graduation and beyond. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent relationship-building skills.
- Manage student recruiting and onboarding activities for graduate and undergraduate students including admissions yield outreach, open houses, and new student orientation
- Hire and supervise Graduate Student Ambassadors to assist with graduate admissions yield and outreach activities
- Oversee the SSE Dean’s Student Advisory Board nomination process and serve as an advisor for other SSE student organizations
- Build and maintain relationships with SSE alumni and industry partners to develop networking and mentorship opportunities for current students
- Develop programs and services that support student engagement and leadership
- Develop an ongoing series of programs and workshops that will promote the professional development and advancement of SSE students
- Collaborate with and serve as a liaison to relevant offices across campus, such as the Career
Center and the Corporate Care Center
- Collect data on internship and full-time job placement statistics
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs Administration, or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferably in university/college student affairs, enrollment management, alumni services, or admissions
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Experience collecting and analyzing data
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively operate in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule, which includes occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
SSE Student Success
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police