The Career Design Center
invites applicants that have a commitment and interest in the cultivation and management of key and target employers locally and nationally. The central University at Buffalo Career Design Center seeks an experienced Relationship Manager to join a cross-disciplinary team focused on assisting the 32,000+ undergraduate and graduate students see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the employer engagement strategic plan and implementation to enhance networking and employment opportunities for UB students.
- Contribute to the team’s management and utilization data to inform decision-making and strategy.
- Manage a portfolio of employer partners resulting in enhanced engagement.
- Maintain a current awareness of new employers and trends that impact talent acquisition locally and nationally.
- Utilize the online career and relationship management systems to serve partners and move the department’s employer and alumni cultivation strategy forward.
- Act as the lead with the University’s Office of Alumni Engagement by facilitating the department’s efforts to enhance alumni connections events and initiatives with the Office of Alumni Engagement.
- Manage an online mentoring platform resulting in increased connections between alumni and employers with students.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The Career Design Center
Career Design Center supports all undergraduate and graduate students in imagining and designing meaningful lives and careers through early discovery, ongoing exploration and future-focused skill development. With the mission of challenging students to see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college, students gain access to Career Communities that include faculty/staff, employer and alumni collaborators providing connections, resources and guidance leading to expanded opportunities.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience in relationship management or business development role
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and manage relationships with employers and alumni
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple functional areas, projects and/or initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an organization to provide integrated service to the external partner
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Master’s degree
- Human resources, recruitment, or business development experience
- Knowledge of career services, alumni relations, and/or campus recruiting