Tufts University’s University College (UC) is dedicated to programming that meets the educational needs of learners, wherever they are on their learning journey. Today, UC’s programmatic areas include Tufts Professional & Custom Education Programs, Tufts Pre-College Programs, and Tufts Lifelong Learning & Osher Institute. UC has grown quickly since its inception in November 2018 and is poised for substantial medium-term growth with the incorporation of degree and certificate programs through which it hopes to significantly expand access to Tufts’ world-class education. UC offers a fast-paced, nimble environment made of highly-trained professionals who love the higher education environment and are committed to providing world class education in the 21st century to a wide variety of students. UC is well-positioned to develop a distinctive presence in the greater Boston landscape as part of a diverse and accessible institution that makes learning and engagement with education of all kinds for all people a part of its core mission.
This role specifically serves University College’s Tufts Pre-College Programs (TPP) department. Tufts Pre-College Programs’ mission is to extend Tufts-quality education to high school students to enrich their academic experience and Tufts’ academic community with new student learners early in their learning journey. Tufts Pre-College Programs has a portfolio of 18 summer programs, including 2 programs that extend through the academic year, that range from semester-long and 6-week college experiences to shorter 1-3 week intensives, with plans to grow the portfolio both in the summer and in the academic year.
What You'll Do
In collaboration with Tufts Pre-College Programs Director and Associate Directors, the Program Administrator participates in the development of goals and strategies for the unit and is a critical player in every detail of the daily operations of the programs, including serving as program manager (in collaboration with program staff) for specific programs and participating in onsite program management during the summer. Provides input on student nurturing (email and phone), social media, and other campaigns in order to successfully drive student enrollment and satisfaction. Establishes and analyzes trackable performance metrics for all elements of each program and makes recommendations for improvement. Produces a variety of documents, reports and proposals for overall program and department management and development. Initiates and responds to inquiries and provides detailed information to constituents. Organizes and maintains files, websites, and databases; designs and updates student admissions applications and other forms for data entry. The position engages with the rest of the department as a team player, ready to help where needed, problem solve, and work towards the greater good of the University as a whole. Must have the ability to manage and evaluate competing priorities and to execute the day-to-day. This position is for someone who gets things done, who has an all-hands-on-deck mentality, and who is comfortable having clear performance targets and being measured against them on a regular basis.
What We're Looking For
● Knowledge & Skills as typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a professional work environment
● Microsoft Office Suite, strong excel skills
● Able to use email, social media platforms, survey analysis tools, and various digital tools and applications
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Strong project management skills
● Strong communications and relationship management skills
● Ability to adapt to quickly-changing priorities
● Must be collaborative and a team player
● Positive attitude and a constantly proactive thinker
● All hands on deck attitude
In order to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, Tufts University is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before their start date. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine requirement. This requirement helps enable our employees to thrive in their careers at Tufts and make the greatest impact on all those we serve through the University.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-5 years’ experience in a professional work environment
● Prior experience in program development and/or program management
● Knowledge of or experience in program subject matter preferred (see Pre-College Programs Portfolio)
● Customer service or marketing experience preferred
● Prior systems management and analytical experience preferred in the following data platforms:
○ Technolutions Slate, Oracle Peoplesoft SIS, Modern Campus Destiny One
● Knowledge of SQL or other query languages a plus
● Prior experience working with students in grades Pre-K-12, or equivalent, preferred