Administrative Assistant III / International Customer Relations (4722C) 2760 - 2760
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
The Berkeley International Office functions to ensure that all visiting international students and scholars have successful academic and personal experiences during their stay at UCBerkeley. We provide advising on matters related to a wide array of federal regulations, academic procedures, personal adjustment, and career development. We also support a wide array of academic units through visa processing for students, scholars, staff, and faculty.
This is a full time, up to 900 hours, about six month, limited position.
We are looking for a professional, highly energetic person with an interest in working with an international clientele to work under the general supervision of the International Student Advisor/Customer Relations Supervisor. The Administrative Assistant III provides front-line support for International Students and Scholars at the Berkeley International Office. This position interacts with a broad array of customers: campus administrators, visiting scholars, staff, students, and the general public. The position is also responsible for new student data entry and other general office duties.
- Serve as one of the primary front-line and telephone reception customer service providers.
- Greet clients and provides information on matters pertaining to U.S. immigration regulations, UC and BIO policies and procedures and community resources.
- Refer to advisers for complex matters.
- Be familiar with the BIO website, informational handouts and campus and community resources for client referral.
- Review request forms from clients for completeness and accuracy. Distribute to appropriate staff for processing.
- Provide student services support including facilitating issuance and updating of student visa documents, electronic communications with customers, and programming and outreach efforts with students.
- Process checks for deposit. Process recharge revenue in the Berkeley Financial System (BFS)
- Pick up and distribute mail, order, receive, organize and maintain inventory of supplies, and perform other general office duties.
- Strong customer service and computer skills
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality
- Strong cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with culturally diverse population
- Attention to detail, strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes
- Ability to work in a fast pace, busy office
- Able to lift 25-35 lbs
- Related work experience.
- Knowledge of UC Berkeley Campus Policies and Familiarity with Immigration laws.
Salary & Benefits
Houlry Salary Range: $24.17 - $25.88
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=2760&PostingSeq=1