As a support member of the PCRI Team, the Community Engagement Specialist conducts proactive community engaged research duties under the supervision of the Director of Community Translational Research.
Essential Job Functions: Under general supervision, performs research support functions including:
- Represent the Community Translational Research Team by attending and actively participating in community events, coalition meetings, engagement detailing sessions, and other community forums.
- Develop and participate in quality improvement programs in primary care or specialty care settings.
- Work with primary care and specialty care practices to implement quality improvement projects related to health promotion.
- Organize community members to create a Community Action Team to disseminate health messaging through social media, print media, and a canvassing.
- Coordination of project activities including outreach strategies, project meetings, engagement detailing sessions, and data collection.
- Develop and maintain partnerships across the University and local community organizations.
- Data entry, transcription, data verification/quality control, and database management.
- Research fieldwork (face-to-face) in underserved communities with vulnerable populations, including: participant recruitment and enrollment following IRB protocol, participant interviews (semi-structured, qualitative), administering survey questionnaires, direct observation, or other data gathering activities in the field.
- Anticipate project needs and proactively recommend new workflow or approaches to accelerate projects or overcome unforeseen challenges.
- Effectively collaborate within and across PCRI teams. Attend PCRI research forums, presentations, and trainings.
- Maintain collegial relationships with PCRI external partners including, but not limited to, community partners, collaborating organizations and other external parties.
- Other research project support duties as requested by supervisors.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.