Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate food service program on the Tufts University Medford/Somerville and Boston/Fenway (SMFA) campuses delivering high quality, contemporary, and innovative food and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, faculty, staff, administrators and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team operates a progressive resident dining program for approximately 4000 students as well as progressive retail services and a distinctive university catering program serving the campus community totaling 5200 undergraduates, 1700 graduate students, and 2300 faculty, staff, and administrators.
What You'll Do
The Tufts Catering Event Manager position exists to execute all catering services performed by Tufts Catering.
- Duties include but are not limited to managing catered events in person, staff management and delivering exceptional customer catering service.
- This integral management for Tufts Catering will train staff to industry standards, fully understand the hospitality industry at the highest level and will strive to make our unit the preferred Catering Partner to the University Community.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through the completion of a High School/Equivalent/Associates Degree or above preferably in Hospitality, Management or Business
- Experience in planning and executing events for a high-volume off-site caterer for a university, hotel or banquet facility with multiple venues
- 2+ years of scheduling and supervising full-service catering staff
- Fine dining and modern catering concept experience such as interactive food stations, themed receptions and VIP events
- Experience with responsible alcohol service and knowledge of bar, wine and cocktail service
- Has experience managing multiple events at one time
- Culinary experience in high-end catering service or restaurants
- Associate Degree or above preferably in Hospitality, Management or Business
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and nights and travel between campuses
Join Tufts University today to take advantage of our wonderful benefits package. In addition to various health, dental, and vision plans, tuition remission, retirement plans with strong contributions, life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits, and many other perks and discounts!
Minimum $51,400.00, Midpoint $64,250.00, Maximum $77,100.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.