This position works out of our Lorado Taft Campus in Oregon, IL
The Office Support Specialist performs the administrative functions of the Lorado Taft Field Campus programs and facilities. This includes managing the main office, performing clerical duties for the director and department heads, acting as receptionist and switchboard operator, managing payable and receivable accounts, and record keeping, among other responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
1. Clerical Assistance in Financial Management
2. Clerical Assistance in the Coordination of Campus Department Activities
3. Clerical Assistance in Personnel Related Tasks
4. Office Management and Reception
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to the second level of this series.
3. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling two (2) years (24 months) of experience in the categories below:
A. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
B. college or university course work in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
- forty-eight (48) semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
- Prefer experience at an outdoor education facility.
- Prefer knowledge of NIU processes / procedures.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
- Teamwork attitude is necessary.
- Customer service skills
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office suite
- Office management skills
- Experience in Financial Admin (invoicing, receiving and paying invoices, etc.)
- Success in managing multiple short and long-term tasks and projects, ability to prioritize work