The Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and its Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) represent a large NIH infrastructure grant to support clinical and translational research at the University at Buffalo (UB) and the Buffalo Translational Consortium (BTC) partner institutions under the leadership of the Director of the CTSI. An important part of the research of the CTSI is to perform advanced imaging. The Center for Biomedical imaging (CBI) is a centralized core unit of the CTSI program. The facility houses three state-of-the art scanners, among which is the ultra-high field preclinical MRI (Bruker 9.4 Tesla Microspec MRI).
- The successful candidate will work with the CBI’s Lead MRI Scientist and faculty from various departments to implement and execute preclinical MRI studies of rodent models at our Bruker 9.4T horizontal-bore magnet with CryoProbe.
- The candidate will be responsible for the design of experimental protocols, preparation and positioning of animals for imaging, acquisition of MR images, and ultimately ensuring the MRI data are relevant, actionable, and of high quality. The candidate is expected to develop and optimize animal positioning and monitoring protocols and assist with the development of new MRI techniques and animal models. Additional responsibilities include lab management (inventory and ordering), scheduling, maintaining a clear and concise documentation, data management, and guided system-troubleshooting.
- Participate in CTSI staff meetings and other meetings/events relevant to position.
- Perform other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
- As an exempt employee, may need to work outside of normal office hours.
- Adhere to all administrative and personnel policies of the Research Foundation for SUNY and the CTSI.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.