Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
The Department of Facilities Services is responsible for the efficient and cost-effective operations, maintenance and management of all Tufts University facilities consisting of approximately 5 million square feet of space on three campuses (Somerville/Medford, Grafton, and Boston).
A broad range of services are provided to support the University campuses including facility maintenance by all trades, capital maintenance, information technology systems for operations (work control, asset management, fault detection, time capture, preventative maintenance), energy and utilities systems, recycling and waste management, event services, residential facilities coordination, grounds maintenance and facility condition assessment and tracking. Facilities Services plays a critical role in planning for the $30M/year deferred maintenance investment.
Related functions, which require close coordination with this department, are public and environmental safety and security, planning, design, and construction of capital and deferred maintenance projects including major repairs, renovation and new construction
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations, Medford and overseeing a diverse team of facilities staff, the Facilities Manager is responsible for providing a physical environment that enables the University to conduct its teaching, research and educational mission.
- The manager oversees campus facilities services including the planning, execution, and implementation of best practices for all aspects of campus academic and administrative facilities.
- She/he will work on a daily basis as part of a cohesive and influential team in collaboration with other operation departments that manage campus grounds, capital programs and campus engineering functions.
- She/he also interacts with campus leaders, communicating timely and accurate data regarding campus conditions and work status.
- The manager is responsible for ensuring that facilities programs and tasks are properly authorized and funded, environmentally sound, and completed on time and in a cost-effective manner.
- She/he is responsible for ensuring that new and ongoing building systems and MEP specifications are developed and implemented consistent with university efficiency and sustainability standards and in accordance with workplace and regulatory safety standards, rules and regulations.
- The Facilities Manager will be the primary University liaison with outside service vendors. The
Facilities Manager will assume responsibility for monitoring and inspecting the quality and quantity of work as outlined in the University’s service contracts.
- The Facilities Manager will provide input in developing the three-year capital maintenance plan, deferred maintenanceplan and executes the projects which are approved by the schools.
- Responsible for assisting in the overall operation, maintenance, and future planning of the various unique facilities on the Medford Campus.
- Workload includes maintain asset inventories within Maximo, the Universities asset management
- Will assist in leading a group of union skilled and unskilled trades personnel in operating and maintaining campus facilities on a day-to-day basis.
- She or he will work with customers (faculty, staff, students, and school administrations), contractors and fellow Facilities members to provide facilities that are conducive to meeting the unique needs of a first-class graduate teaching and research environment.
- The successful candidate will bring broad-based facilities management experience, will require previous experience in project management, the ability to handle multiple projects and a proven record of leading change, managing resources, and streamlining processes and systems.
- She/he will be a person of the highest integrity, with a collegial style that
engenders trust and enables collaboration, along with an enthusiasm for the day-to-day management of efficient, responsive operations.
- The Facilities Manager will be responsible for Managing projects for the Facilities Dept from implementation to completion and the decision to complete the project with internal resources or contractor services.
What We're Looking For
- 5 -10 years’ experience in facilities management including comprehensive knowledge of buildings and equipment with ability to foresee problems, implement solutions and complete ordinary repairs in a timely manner .
- Demonstrated knowledge of building trades including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations related to facilities, residential facilities in a University setting and building system operations .
- Planning, fiscal, and forecasting experience with an understanding of how to keep costs to a minimum while providing best care for facilities .
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Driver’s License.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to foster effective working relationships at all levels.
- Microsoft Outlook Office, Maximo or other work order management system, CAD and or Revit, Microsoft Project, JCI Metasys.
- Experience with Project Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a facilities and/or engineering discipline
- Strong familiarity with one or more Computerized Maintenance Management Systems required. Maximo experience is a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines, engineering standards and ability to manage compliance with all city, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to read blueprints, construction documents, and as-builts.
- Ability to develop mutual respect through soliciting input, active listening and communicating, recognize diverse points of view, and show the ability to give and receiving constructive feedback.
- Continued Education Classes in operating and programming JCI Metasys system
- Familiarity · Experience with research setting particularly experience with BL-2 & 3 lab environments.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Flexibility in work schedule required due to campus related emergencies, events occurring nights and weekends and special events such as matriculation and commencement
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |