The Office of Institutional Analysis (OIA)
at the University at Buffalo is seeking an Assistant for Institutional Research to join our collaborative information team. The Assistant for Institutional Research supports operational and strategic planning by senior university officials and academic unit decision makers as well as the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative information about the institution, its students, its faculty, its programs, its publics, its practices and its services. This work involves the development of accurate, comprehensive, and trusted information products central to the support of policy formulation, institutional reporting, and university assessment activities.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- System maintenance and support
- Project planning & execution
- Database design
- Statistical Research
- Display Creation
- Professional Development
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The Office of Institutional Analysis (OIA) serves a diverse constituency of publics, and our employees, services and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
The Office of Institutional Analysis has the primary institutional responsibility for the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information on the institution, its students, its faculty, its programs, its publics, its practices and its services. The office provides analytic support for the planning, evaluation and policy initiatives of the provost and senior leadership and acts as the institution’s reporting agent.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years experience outside the classroom in the collection and analysis of institutional data to support data-driven decision-making with competencies in the following areas:
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) with a highly developed degree of tact and diplomacy exhibiting understanding, appreciation and respect for all individuals in a diverse constituency.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications required including Word and PowerPoint, as well as database and visualization tools such as Access, Excel, Tableau or similar to develop and deliver trusted information products.
- Experience in the manipulation of massive data sets with a strong understanding of relational database concepts.
- Demonstrated skills specific to providing creative information solutions within a complex, deadline-driven work environment.
- Exceedingly well organized.
- Possess high attention to detail and display accuracy in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess and display a high-level of customer service to all constituents.
- Applicants must be eligible to work within the United States in a full-time capacity without visa sponsorship. Please do not apply if you cannot satisfy this requirement.
- Master’s Degree with two years’ experience using specific database and visualization tools such as MS Access, SQL Server, OBIEE, SPSS, SAS, or Tableau.
- Previous central office or academic unit experience manipulating university data, assisting with the development of actionable policy, or assessing institutional success is highly desirable.