Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
the Solution Architect will develop and execute the long-term vision and architecture to support the seamless integration of the infrastructure and applications service lines to optimize IT's contribution to the goals and mission of WPI. The successful candidate will serve as the leader for the strategic development and ongoing enhancement of the technology infrastructure supporting WPI information, data, knowledge, storage, retrieval, problem solving and decision making. The successful candidate will maintain close working relationships and provide counsel to the CIO and IT Senior Leaders in the development and ongoing enhancement of the technology infrastructure.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Responsible for managing and leading advanced technology development and implementation of automated support for WPI through researching, recommending, and facilitating and managing major and advanced network, building, identity and security architecture initiatives for WPI.
- Develops system-wide long-range strategic and tactical plans for Information Technology systems by investigating and understanding educational, research, business and operational requirements; executes those strategies through close consultation with IT leadership, peers, technical resources, users, and vendors. Presents optimal strategies for applying and optimizing technology to applicable constituencies; establishes new technology objectives in line with WPI's objectives; clearly articulates business and financial advantages of technology development.
- Manages all building construction projects.
- Find ways in which to improve the IT department's functions so they support the university's future goals - introduce new technologies where appropriate.
- Creates business architecture models that reflect our strategies and goals.
- Set technology standards for endpoints, networks, servers, storage and cloud.
- Locate ways to reduce costs in IT and the technology associated with other business units.
- Provides business architecture and systems processing guidance
- Creates and implements a business vision and multi-year architecture plan.
- Directs and manages the resolution of highly complex business and technical problems.
- Manages multiple concurrent projects.
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, computer sciences.
- Minimum of five years of experience is required.
- Exemplary project management, budgeting and people management skills.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts and pricing.
- Architecture, Design, and Management skills related to networks, firewalls, domains, identities and security.
- Ability to work well with a diverse customer base to identify and implement identified requirements.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
Please include a cover letter with your resume for consideration.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Enterprise-Architect_R0000826
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |