Warehouse and Delivery Assistant Short Term Hourly (Temporary)
Depends on Qualifications
Short Term Temporary (Hourly)
2019 STH Purch
12/20/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
2019 STH Purch
This position provides general assistance to the Purchasing Department to facilitate the receipt and deliver of orders for the college campus.
Duties May Include:
- Assist in receiving and inspecting incoming shipments; issuing receipts for items received in proper order; noting and reporting discrepancies and backorders; assigning inventory control identification numbers to incoming equipment.
- Assist in coordinating deliver of warehouse orders, shipments , and important documents; prepare warehouse orders for delivery.
- Assist in filling warehouse orders and transport supplies and other educational materials to departments/divisions on campus.
- Operate a forklift to move supplies and equipment; drive cart or truck to make deliveries on campus.
- Assist in maintaining warehouse and equipment in safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform related duties as assigned. Supplemental Information
- Must provide proof of forklift training within the last two years.
- Requires possession of valid California Driver's License
- This position may involve exposure to hazardous chemicals received in shipments.
- Requires ability to lift, push, pull and place medium weight items, under 50 pounds, onto shelves on a sustained basis, and heavy weights, up to 75 pounds, on an intermittent basis.
Variable; between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
** Through August 9, 2019, work days will be Monday - Thursday.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cerritosedu/jobs/2493472/warehouse-and-delivery-assistant-short-term-hourly-temporary
The District ensures that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. .