Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
Do you enjoy solving complex business challenges and designing experiences that improve the quality of peoples’ professional lives and helping teams envision a new future? As a Sr. Service Designer in the TTS Design Practice team, you will lead research engagements with university stakeholders to foster a shared understanding of critical of business challenges and new opportunities for impact. You will design new and engaging experiences that connect with people, often fundamentally changing the way a service is delivered, resulting in service innovation and business transformation. You will play a key role in the ERP Foundations project, a once-in-a-generation opportunity to evaluate and improve user experience and business processes related to Human Resources, Finance, and student information and course enrollment. On this and other projects, you will work both with autonomy, as well as part of a collaborative team, employing design thinking methodologies, process and experience mapping, service blueprinting to identify and/or reframe business opportunities; apply design techniques, research, and analysis to generate new knowledge; synthesize key insights; develop and test low-fidelity and medium-fidelity prototypes and storyboards. You will work with planning, support, and infrastructure teams to identify technical dependencies or challenges, and identify potential solutions for designed services. Through client relationships that you will help establish and manage, and through structured engagements that you will design and lead, you will foster a culture of sustained collaboration and creativity among a broad variety of teams at the University including research, administrative, and product development teams.
What We're Looking For
• The knowledge and experience that are typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of work experience.
• Demonstrated experience with service blueprinting and user journey mapping methodologies and/or related tools.
• Vast experience with design thinking and human centered design methodologies, Jobs-To-Be-Done, etc.
• Experience creating business flow documents, data flow diagrams, and functional specifications using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
• Proven service design/business analyst experience on launched services that have been implemented in the real world.
• Strong client relationship management experience including building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Proven record of identifying, recommending, and improving business processes.
• Ability to provide examples of completed process redesign documents which demonstrate a clear understanding of process redesign principles and best practices.
• Experience with conception, ideation, and iterative prototyping, utilizing tools such as Axure, Sketch, inVision, or UXPin, and Adobe Creative Suite applications.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and related software.
• Experience with change management processes
• Experience working on IT projects in a higher education institution.
• Demonstrated experience working across multiple business units with the ability to foster a sense of teamwork and create a collaborative environment.
• Experience mentoring junior designers.
• Demonstrated experience working in conjunction with 3rd party services vendors.
• Experience with business process modeling and notation best practices.
• Working knowledge of Drupal, structured queries/databases, and enterprise resource planning systems (such as PeopleSoft), CRM systems (such as Salesforce), and ITIL-based ITSM systems (such as ServiceNow).
The majority of the work for this position is performed during normal business hours Monday through Friday. However, there may be an occasional need to work during evening hours as required.
This has a work designation of remote. This position is remote but will be required to be within driving distance of our campus periodically for in-person engagements
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.