Visitor Services Specialist (7550U), BAMPFA
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: December 2, 2019
The mission of the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) is to inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialogue through art and film. BAMPFA has developed an international reputation for presenting one of the most active and ambitious exhibition programs, as well as for the quality of its art and film collections and research resources. BAMPFA is an institution with a stellar history and an exciting future. For more information, visit our website http://bampfa.org
- Under direct supervision, learns to use basic marketing and/or sales concepts and assists in marketing and/or sales activities as assigned.
- Uses institutional marketing and sales plan to create front desk programs and marketing tools to drive BAMPFA sales of memberships, bookstore products, and tickets, and to enhance organizational image and impact.
- Ensures good customer service through answering questions, providing information, explaining basic products and services and researching and resolving non-complex problems for BAMPFA Visitor Services Desk, membership department, and bookstore.
- Assists with training and supervision of student employees.
- Learns and assists in implementing BAMPFA marketing plans, strategies, sales, merchandising and/or events.
- Coordinates and configures onsite and online ticketing.
- Assists with conception and implementation of merchandising and marketing strategies for store branding, sales and institutional identity.
- Creates marketing copy for store website to promote product sales.
- Learns about market research and drafts marketing reports.
- Partners with Communications and Development departments to conduct market research and create marketing reports that highlight information and data for institutional planning purposes.
- Creates and maintains marketing and/or sales files, records, calendars, logs and other related documents.
- Assists in account reconciliation as assigned.
- Facilitates correct processing of financial transactions for Visitor Services and the BAMPFA bookstore.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles, strategies, techniques and practices.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of the campus, or ability to learn, including its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be available to work current schedule for this position - Thursday 9:00am - 6:00pm, Friday 10:00am - 8:00pm, Saturday 1:00pm - 10:00pm, and Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience up to $22.08.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=3083&PostingSeq=1