Your future begins here - great benefits, great people. Join us today! The University at Buffalo Foundation (UBF) is searching for a detail orientated, conscientious, customer service driven individual to join our team as an Accounts Payable Associate.
You will be responsible for processing disbursement vouchers for payment including auditing vouchers for compliance with donor, IRS and other externally imposed restrictions, adequate documentation, and business purpose, verifying availability of funds, mailing out checks and scanning vouchers.
The University at Buffalo Foundation (UBF) plays a vital role in helping UB establish, enhance, and expand its reputation as a leading public research university. As a private, independent organization, UBF assists in the acquisition of strategic assets, investing and providing resources, and providing a variety of services for the UB community.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities -
* Process disbursements for payment including:
* Auditing voucher for compliance with donor, IRS and other externally imposed restrictions
* Auditing voucher for proper documentation and business purpose
* Auditing voucher in accordance with University and UBF policies and procedures
* Vendor Maintenance
* Submit requests for new vendors with appropriate documentation
* Submit requests for vendor changes
* Customer Service Orientation including
* Ability to communicate verbally, through email and in writing with account holders
* Willingness to focus on customer service as a top priority
* Ability to work with demanding account holders
* Verification of Payroll
* Approval of quarterly encumbrances
* Approval of bi-weekly timesheets
* Familiarity with State Purchasing system (Shop Blue) to:
* Review/approve or reject purchase orders created by business units
* Answer questions regarding use of Shop Blue process for regular disbursement requests
* Review encumbrance balances on purchase orders
* Process vouchers in Shop Blue
* Familiarity with Concur expense report system to:
* Audit employee accounts payable expense reimbursements
* Audit and approve American Express purchasing card transactions
Working at UBF comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our UBF benefits website ( https://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/ub-foundation.html) to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.