Part-Time Course Material Coordinator (Coordinator II)
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Part-Time Course Material Coordinator (Coordinator II) position within the Campus Stores.
This position works 20 hours a week, twelve months out of the year. Hours are dependent on business needs; potential work days could be Monday through Saturday.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
As a part-time employee, the University of St. Thomas offers a limited pro-rated benefits program, which includes:
Tuition Remissions for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility (50% or more based on full-time equivalency)
Paid Holidays and Paid Leave Time (PLT)
Employee contributions to a 403b retirement account
This is a part time position that will report to the Course Materials Manager (CMM). This position is to assist the CMM in purchasing course material for the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses. This position will help in the execution of all functions in the Course Material life cycle. They will assist in setting up the floor for each semester, maintaining the accuracy of the shelf tags, helping in the preparation of the the twice yearly end of term book buyback, processes all duplicated material orders, data enter of prices, and the return of course materials to publishers.
1. Set up of textbooks shelves for each term in the Minneapolis and St Paul stores. Ensure that the shelf tags are accurate throughout the term. Placement of course material. Weekly update of inventory issues, and out of stocks given to the Course Materials Manager. Work with the CMM in sourcing books from alternative sources. Assist in buy back and the return of rental books at the end of the semester.
2. Data entry of price changes into the TA2 system to ensure all course material requirements have been correctly keyed in and buyback quantities and prices established on the computer system. Coordinates the return of books to the publisher at the end of each semester. Creation of chargebacks and researching vendor return policies. Update the T2 system to ensure that the information it is up to date, and we are taking advantage of everything that it has to offer. This position is constantly learning and finding ways to expand our offerings to reduce prices and stay on top of new industry developments
3. Provide floor coverage to assist customers, fill orders, restock the floor and other general merchandising.
4. Other duties as given by the Course Materials Manager.
5. Maintenance of the Amazon book selling site.
High school diploma or the equivalent
Three years of administrative support experience, preferably in higher education
This position works 20 hours a week, twelve months out of the year. Hours are dependent on business needs.
Experience operating the MBS textbook software system
Experience with Excel and Word
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer