Compensation Analyst 3 (7726U), People & Culture 25686
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
People & Culture is valued as UC Berkeley's proactive people partner focusing on the following key priority areas:
- One HR: Bringing clarity and efficiency to HR processes and structures through cross- team collaboration and transparent communication.
- People: Using development opportunities beyond training to create deeper engagement, higher trust and better performance.
- Culture: Applying Berkeley brand to developing a shared enterprise contributor mindset among all.
The Compensation department develops strategies and programs for UC Berkeley. Our goal is to establish competitive market salary rates and to guide campus managers with salary decisions that recruit, retain and motivate highly qualified employees. The Compensation department supports 8,700 staff who work throughout UC Berkeley's divisions, schools and colleges.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 1, 2021. This position will remain open until filled.
- Applies a comprehensive understanding of professional compensation concepts to analyze the compensation of employees, organization compensation programs and total rewards initiatives. Conducts complex data analyses to assess compensation issues and recommend appropriate courses of action. Advises client groups on a full range of compensation related areas including position evaluation, salary recommendations, FLSA, competitive market position and special compensation issues. Implements and administers compensation policies, programs and initiatives.
- Provides consultation to unit heads, managers and staff on compensation principles, policies and practices. Analyzes and classifies new and replacement positions for staff and management in assigned departments. Initiates communications with supervisors regarding status of reclassification requests and/ or appeals.
- Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve complex compensation-related problems. Recommend alternative actions to resolve complex compensation related problems with impact across multiple departments of the campus.
- Reviews requests for new or revised jobs to determine appropriate salary grade assignment. . Provides consultation to departmental heads, managers and staff on classification and compensation policies, principles, practices and procedures as well as on departmental reorganizations. This includes encouraging managers to discuss potential classification changes prior to formal submission, analyzing budget, equity and compensation impacts, and working with other HR experts, as needed, particularly Employee Relations Specialists in coordinating departmental organizations. Ensure compliance with compensation practices; local, state, and federal compensation regulations. Provide internal and external salary survey data and salary planning tools and strategies to clients. Recommend new, or the deletion of old, job titles for the campus.
- Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action. . Ensure compliance with compensation practices and local, state and federal compensation regulations. Develops training programs to educate managers and staff on Berkeley compensation program.
- Prepares special studies and recommendations on compensation programs such as incentive compensation, variable pay plans, and other forms of compensation. Develops and leads compensation programs, including management of salaries, recognition programs, cash and noncash bonus plans and other forms of total rewards.
- Professional development: attend seminars, courses and classes to stay current on HR and Compensation evolving topics. Develop technical skills and tools, such as report writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the compensation functions as well as general knowledge of other areas of human resources.
- Knowledge to develop and implement compensation programs for client groups and understands how they and other initiatives may impact various areas of human resources.
- Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations as well as effective written and verbal communication skills to convey findings and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with client groups and other areas of human resources and complete multiple assignments on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with business units and other areas of human resources.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing work assignments and meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of progressively responsible Compensation experience.
- Seasoned analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with diverse client groups and other areas of human resources.
- Effective decision maker who can be flexible and respond positively to ambiguity.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Certified Compensation Professional credential preferred.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=25686&PostingSeq=1