The District’s goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that is welcoming to all, fosters and celebrates diversity, and promotes and rewards excellence. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff and students to live, work, and contribute to a global society.
This position is a short-term, hourly, non-bargaining unit position, not to exceed 160 days per Fiscal Year. You will be contacted should the hiring department/division be interested in scheduling an interview with you to discuss your qualifications and skills. Please do not call the Human Resources Office regarding the status of your application. The most current status of all applications will be available for you to view on our website. This position is open until filled or withdrawn.
Under the direction of management and/or classified team member, assist in matters related to recruitment, outreach, and retention for high school campus, community organization and general public. Individuals in this position may also assist in the Student Information/Welcome Center as well assist and participate with on and off community and campus events/activities.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
To include but are not limited to:
- Assist with student, campus and community events
- Attend and participate in community, city and organizational fairs, festivals and meetings and committees.
- Assist in the maintenance of a database of prospective students and community contacts, provide follow up activities, prepare handbooks, public relations materials and policies to assist and aid in enrollment related activities.
- Assist in office record keeping and filing activities, assemble data and prepare reports, maintain a variety of equipment and inventory.
- Assist with classroom workshop presentations.
- Serve as a liaison between prospective students, current students and college departments.
- Serve as a liaison to community groups, organizations, other higher education institutions, the high schools, middle schools and/or elementary schools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.