The University at Buffalo is seeking a President’s residence house assistant. The house assistant is responsible for keeping the president’s residence organized, running smoothly, and clean to very high standards.
General duties include
* light and routine maintenance
* administrative functions
* personal assistance to the president and president’s spouse
* collaboration with other university units and external vendors to ensure that the residence is properly and efficiently cleaned, maintained and utilized.
Initiative, professionalism, discretion, courtesy and confidentiality are essential to this position.Job duties include performing a variety of routine manual and administrative work as follows:
* Clean the entire residence, including personal living quarters, on the designated schedule and in consideration of the household events schedule, including but not limited to dusting, mopping, vacuuming, polishing, disinfecting, buffing. waxing, washing, ironing event linens, spot cleaning and trash removal. Cleaning duties include both interior and exterior spaces.
* Launder household and family items including washing, drying, ironing, putting away, and changing bed and bath linens as scheduled or needed.
* Greet household guests and answer telephone calls with courtesy and professionalism and take accurate messages as needed.
* Develop and maintain inventory of needed household and cleaning supplies.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for university facilities Customer Service for work orders at the residence.
* Coordinate schedule for service contractors as needed working with the property manager.
* Monitor equipment and fixtures at the residence (e.g., lighting, kitchen equipment, cleaning equipment, etc.) to ensure proper working order, and make recommendations or arrange for updating or repair as needed.
* Complete or arrange for completion of seasonal maintenance tasks, such as gardening, pool maintenance, storage of patio furniture, limited snow removal, exterior window washing, etc.
Other duties as assigned or requested.
Reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
Salary - $43,000 - $45000
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.