The Office of Graduate Medical Education at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, SUNY at Buffalo, invites applications for the Operations Assistant position. As the Operations Assistant, you have a passion for being organized, managing time efficiently and effectively, taking initiative to start a task and see it through to completion, and impeccable attention to detail . In this role, your primary focus will be on the day-to-day management of office operations, supporting essential onboarding activities for new medical and dental residents and fellows, plus partnering with over 68 ACGME-accredited residency and fellowship training program teams. This role involves regular interaction with GME colleagues, hospital personnel, residents, fellows, program directors and program administrators.
Your responsibilities include:
• Involvement in annual orientation planning and activities for new residents and fellows including; logistics of planning meetings, routine communications, scheduling coverage, collaborating with GME colleagues, hospital personnel, program directors and administrators, and educational session facilitators (e. g. ATLS, PALS, NRLS)
• Integral support of daily schedule provided to GME Senior Associate Dean/Designated Institutional Official, including Outlook calendar operations and all aspects of virtual or in-person meetings, completing room reservations, preparing and communicating meeting invitations, agendas, materials, managing audio/visual components, ordering of refreshments plus set-up/clean-up, updating operations team work calendar, developing polls/surveys, creating presentations, collecting data and providing analysis
• Collaborate with and provide daily administrative support to the GME Operations Manager or Director
• Highly engaged with all aspects of arrangements for GME operational events including venue/room reservations, announcement creation and distribution, posting of events on JSMBS and GME webpages, audio/visual technical arrangements, food and beverage orders, development of attendance lists and response tracking, event set-up and clean-up, copying, compiling and distribution of related handout materials
• Support activities to assist with completion of training employment verification documents
•Monitor, gather data and report results for resident and fellow training and compliance projects
Prepare office of GME website revisions using UB CMS
Additional duties and details to be discussed during personal interview.
The University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences annually trains 850 residents and fellows to become clinicians, researchers, teachers, and leaders in their fields. The University at Buffalo Office of Graduate Medical Education provides a variety of services to support the University’s residents and fellows during their training. Office work location is 7th floor suite within UB's Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences building, found on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. Telecommuting also available according to SUNY policy.
$35,000 - 40,000
The outstanding benefits available through UB Foundation (UBF) are designed to meet the needs of today's workforce, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, and generous retirement contributions. Low-cost medical insurance payroll deductions are $10/month for single coverage and $40 for family. Plus, zero payroll deductions for dental insurance. More information is available at: UB Foundation (UBF) Funded - Administrative Services Gateway - University at BuffaloAbout The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.