Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Educator Licensure Program Manager (Part-Time)
Educator Licensure Program Manager (Part-Time)
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons University is looking for an Educator Licensure Program Manager (Manager) to join the Office of the Dean in the College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Manager will be responsible for ensuring the effective operation and continuous improvement of all of our educator licensure programs, across the college and university, both on- and off-campus, in accordance with the state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and Simmons requirements. Licensure programs include: teacher preparation in elementary, moderate, and severe education; school library teacher; and school adjustment counselor. The Manager will perform other tasks as assigned by the Director. This position is part-time, at 20 hours per week, during the University's core business hours.
Data, Analytics, and Compliance
- Manage data integrity for tracking and reporting on licensure candidate preparation,
- Obtain and curate data on a university-wide level on licensure program students as they matriculate, enter practicum field placements, and complete licensure and degree requirements,
- Submit routine reports to DESE, including the Title II & State Annual Report on candidates, Early Enrollment on ELAR, CAP report on teacher candidates, and ELAR endorsement for licensure,
- Liaise with program faculty and with staff in Graduate Admissions and the Registrar's Office, troubleshoot for data accuracy, and calculate statistics as necessary for reports,
- Maintain internal files of the resulting documentation toward the next DESE formal review.
- In collaboration with the Licensure Officer, manage compliance with current and emerging DESE requirements,
- Participate in appropriate DESE training,
- Serve as the Simmons Program Contact, and interact with DESE counterparts to stay abreast of changes,
- Meet regularly with licensure program directors and staff to ensure that required documentation is generated and stored within programs,
- Ensure that student transcripts are properly annotated for licensure,
- Provide accurate guidance to graduates on applying for licensure and ELAR,
- Work with the Licensure Officer to answer licensure inquiries from students or Program Directors and to generate letters of completion or add-on licensure for current students and letters for competency review or out-of-state licensure verification for alumni.
- Develop, distribute, and compile results of Simmons-generated surveys of graduates, current students, and constituents in the field as part of continuous improvement efforts,
- Train and support Program Directors in using EDWIN resources on the state's ELAR site for consuming survey data generated by DESE about the quality of our preparation programs and our graduates' performance as professionals,
- Manage the cross-program coordination of priorities and resources for continuous improvement, documenting and storing outcomes for DESE reports.
Required Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required;
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and familiarity with online virtual platforms (Google Meet, Zoom, etc.);
- Database experience desired.
- Minimum three years of professional experience required; preferred prior experience in relative field experience;
- Knowledge of state licensure regulations and requirements desired;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations within an organization;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Prior experience in higher education a plus.
This position is 20 hours per week.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Educator-Licensure-Program-Manager--Part-Time-_R07269
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |