Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Assistant III (4722C) Job
University of California, Berkeley
Administrative Assistant III (4722C) Job
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance-academic and artistic, political and cultural-make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 3/1/19
Engineering Student Services (ESS) is the primary advising and student life and leadership organization for over 3000 undergraduates in the College of Engineering. ESS also serves as an umbrella organization collaborating with departments and other college-wide programs to deliver an array of outreach, recruitment, professional development, and retention services to both undergraduates and 1700 graduate students. ESS is charged with:
- Delivering student academic,leadership and professional development services of exceptional quality and administrative effectiveness.
- Assisting faculty in attracting, retaining and developing exceptional, outstanding, diverse, inclusive undergraduate and graduate student populations.
Administrative and Financial Support (100%)
- Provide administrative support to the ESS Leadership Team, Academic Achievement Advisers, and Student Academic Advisers including support in the completion of special projects.
- Serve as one of two receptionists for the ESS front office/COE Welcome Center desk with duties to include answering phones, greeting visitors (students and others) to the office, answering emails, alerting advisers of student appointments, monitoring drop-in advising.
- Provide administrative support for Student Services sponsored programs, activities, and services. Provide financial services and other general administrative support to ESS staff.
- Work with Dean’s Office IT group to purchase, maintain, and repair software and audio-visual equipment. Back up contact in maintenance of office equipment (e.g. copier and printer) and purchases.
- Alternate place and receive orders; anticipate and research special needs for Student Services. Assigned as the designated department purchaser within authority to make purchases up to $4999 via Blu Card.
- Maintain all records for credit and PO purchases. Assist Dean’s Office accounting staff to reconcile credit purchases for verification processing. Coordinate fiscal matters with Accounting Specialist in Dean’s Office.
- Assist in planning and coordinating ESS activities including yield enhancement activities, phone banks, information sessions and programmatic events including Cal Day, Commencement, conferences, and other UC wide promotional events.
- Course Articulations – receive, distribute, track decisions and coordinate updates with ESS staff and submit to Admissions Office.
- Provide ESS Staff Travel Support (staff and students and, occasionally, faculty).
- Act as back up to provide work direction/assignments to student assistants in the absence of the other Administrative Assistant.
- Facilitate/Manage ESS meetings and events for ESS/Department SAO’s, Study Abroad, Change of College, Cal Day, Admissions, weekly ESS staff meetings & student workshops.
- Serve as alternate Bechtel Building Coordinator.
- Additional duties/projects as assigned by ESS Leadership Team.
Successful experience providing outstanding customer-service along with an entrepreneurial spirit; Ability to perform a variety of moderately complex tasks in an efficient manner; Must possess the ability to work independently and as a member of the team. Must be able to manage multiple projects or assignments at the same time, establishing priorities and meeting competing deadlines. Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with all levels of campus and other UC administrators and staff; possess strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills. Must be adaptable to a continually changing environment; and maintain respectful relationships with diverse individuals and groups including industry executives, visiting scholars, venture capitalists, students, and academics; Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and enthusiasm and aptitude to learn new technologies quickly; Demonstrated reliability including excellent attendance and punctuality; Must be able to work Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
*The hourly salary designated for this position is $23.47.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |