Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director of Admission, School of Social Work
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for an Assistant Director of Admission (Assistant Director) to join the School of Social Work in the College of Social Science Policy and Practice (CSSPP). The Assistant Director will represent the School of Social Work to prospective students, applicants and institutions at recruitment activities and events. Working with the Director, the Assistant Director will be involved with developing marketing strategies and recruitment activities to meet the SSW recruitment goals. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for managing the information generated during each admission cycle from inquiry to enrollment at the SSW. Responsible for tracking, reporting and conducting analysis of all aspects of the admission process as well as coordinating the developing and dissemination of informational materials and correspondence.
- Represent the SSW to prospective students, applicants and institutions at recruitment activities and events such as open houses, recruitment forums, graduate fairs;
- Meet with prospective students one-on-one to provide information about SSW programs;
- Coordinate information sessions and open houses on site and off site in institutions and partner agencies;
- Work with the Director in the development of marketing strategies and recruitment activities to meet recruitment goals;
- Assist in creating innovative and effective ideas to market the school and its programs to increase the pool of applicants to the programs and to increase the yield of matriculating students;
- Manage the workflow of the inquiry/applicant process making sure that all SSW program inquiries are responded in a timely manner;
- Respond to applicants, program inquires and outreach to potential applicants demonstrating a thorough knowledge of each of the Simmons SSW programs;
- Conduct in person and phone interviews with prospective students;
- Oversee the maintenance and integrity of the admission data for tracking, reporting and conducting analysis of all aspects of the of the admission process: inquires, applications received, student deposits and enrollment data;
- Fill in for the Director when necessary and appropriate;
- Perform other duties and assigned.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university required;
- At least 3 years' admissions experience, preferred in a non-profit college or university, file review experience preferred;
- Proven track record of successful collaboration with individuals in other offices/business units, as well as ability to work independently;
- Strong time management and problem solving skills, including ability to adapt in new and rapidly changing situations;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and presentation software;
- Comfort with online webinar technology (i.e. Zoom, Adobe Connect, Webex, GoToMeeting, Skype);
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must have a strong commitment to education;
- This position will require some weeknight/evening availability, and flexibility is required;
- Valid U.S. Driver's license required.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director-of-Admission_R06146
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |