This position is responsible for coordinating staffing and staff training for the Bookstore, as well as coordinating staffing and employment processes. The candidate will learn and master numerous aspects of the Bookstore operations, create professional-quality training materials, develop digital and interactive training programs, and learn and use a variety of software programs in a retail setting. Job duties will also include customer service, sales, cashiering, and general office duties.
This position will appeal to candidates who enjoy working in a dynamic, collegiate, retail environment with a diverse population. The ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing and capable of tailoring their training and delivery methods to meet the learning styles of their audience.
Occasional evening and weekend shifts are required.
1. Develops new training methods and materials for both initial onboarding process and seasonal training needs. Incorporates various media to enhance the learning process including PowerPoint and video. Understands and tailors training to the learning styles of different individuals.
2. Conducts training programs for all onboarding staff, as well as initial and ongoing training for effective sales skills, customer service, and operating procedures for both POS and back-office systems of all departments.
3. Administers and ensures the completion of both the initial and annual PCI training requirements of the University and the Bookstore.
4. Continuously identifies training gaps of individual employees and coaches to meet meet expectations. Creates, offers and presents refresher training workshops on multiple topics throughout the year.
5. Coordinates the staffing of all casual employees for the bookstore (student and TES) including recruitment, job postings, interviews and hiring of 100+ employees annually; processes required departmental new hire paperwork.
6. Assists with interviewing/screening/selection of full-time employees; processes required departmental new hire paperwork.
7. Coordinates the annual and bi-annual performance evaluation process and any resulting merit increases for the student employees. Directly performs the assessment or greatly contributes to the assessment of some of the student employees.
8. Assists in writing and compiling individual department operating procedures.