The Administrative Assistant is a junior-level position that will provide administrative support to senior leadership in the Office of Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP), with primary support provided to the Associate Vice President for Economic Development and the Executive Director of UB’s NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences (CBLS). This position will also provide administrative support and assistance to other Directors within BEP as needed. The position will be based at the downtown medical campus, with periodic travel to the north or south campus.
The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the calendars of the Associate Vice President and Executive Director, making travel arrangements, providing support for meetings, and general administrative duties, as assigned. In addition, this position is responsible for editing documents and presentations, and managing special projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining calendars for the Associate Vice President and the Executive Director; will provide calendar assistance to other Directors within BEP as needed.
- Handling expense processing, travel and meeting arrangements and reimbursement for BEP Directors.
- Editing documents and PowerPoint presentations, and assisting in OVPRED communication efforts.
- Assisting with managing projects and events.
- Purchasing and processing financial transactions.
- Providing back-up support to the CBLS Reception Desk for coverage as needed
The Administrative Assistant must be eager to learn, very detail-oriented and organized and comfortable handling multiple assignments for various staff members in a fast-paced environment. He or she must be flexible, have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working as part of a team. The ability to anticipate need, switch between projects and adapt to changing priorities is critical, since the incumbent will be working with multiple staff members on potentially competing projects and deadlines.
The Administrative Assistant will interact with faculty, business professionals and community leaders as well as their administrative professionals on a daily basis, requiring discretion and tact. Knowledge of business protocol is essential, while experience with university practices and policies also is beneficial but not required.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development and its constituent units guide and support the university’s research enterprise as well as its economic development and entrepreneurial activities.