Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Student Employment Administrator (Administrator) will serve as the primary point of contact for students and supervisors (both internal and external) applying for and posting all student positions. This position acts as the primary recruiting and federal work-study point of contact for all student employment activities. The Administrator will collaborate with members of the Payroll team as well as the Financial Aid team in Student Financial Services to maintain and improve the operations of student employment and federal work-study at Simmons University while demonstrating the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
Administer the Systems and Operational Process for On/Off Campus Student Employers to post Jobs:
- Accept incoming position postings from on and off campus employers, review for accuracy/compliance issues and troubleshoot any problems with posting;
- Coordinate with Compensation on the appropriate hourly wages to be paid for these jobs;
- Responsively communicate with new and existing student employees regarding application for student jobs;
- Document student employment policies and procedures; provides training to students and supervisors.
Manage the Student Recruiting Process through to Hire and Onboarding:
- Support new and existing student hires to include post-hire activities in Workday;
- Work closely with the HRIS Analyst regarding any systems issues regarding posting or the operation of the business process within Workday;
- Respond to any questions from supervisors or students that arise during the recruitment process.
Oversee the day to day processes related to the Federal Work-Study Program
- Work closely with Financial Aid to reconcile wages with student work-study ceiling;
- Assist with the maintenance of student employment records to aid the Director with the completion of annual reports for the Department of Education (FISAP);
- Oversee the collection of off-campus work-study contracts and ensure compliance with regulations.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with Workday HCM a plus;
- Previous payroll data entry, payroll processing and/or student employment/Federal Work-Study administration experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Cover letter (letter of interest)
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Student-Employment-Administrator_R06091
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.