University of Idaho
Graduate Programs Coordinator
College of Natural Resources
$41,132 or higher depending on education and experience
The College of Natural Resources (CNR) at the University of Idaho invites applications for a full-time administrative staff position to support and grow enrollments in master's degree programs including the MS-non-thesis in Environmental Science, the Master of Natural Resources, and the Professional Science Master's degree programs within the CNR. The responsibilities include providing advisory assistance for students on application and enrollment processes, academic policies and procedures, course selection, and program navigation. The Coordinator will serve as a liaison among students, faculty, and program Directors to facilitate continuous enhancement of these academic programs and the student experience.
- Masters degree in education, instructional design/technology, natural resources, environmental science or other relevant subjects by the time of application,
- At least one years work experience in instructional design/technology, graduate level advising, or distance education delivery or program management.
- Experience in education technology and computing skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills relevant to diverse audiences.
- Ability to analyze situations and resources to identify, recommend, implement, and evaluate optimal and efficient solutions.
- 3-5 years experience working with students enrolled in graduate-level distance education programs in natural resources.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and work effectively with diverse audiences (i.e., working professionals from state, local, and federal agencies and industries, individuals making career changes, non-governmental organizations, communities with diverse cultural perspectives), 3) interest and ability to identify and pursue opportunities for program enhancement and growth.
- Problem-solving skills that include a collaborative approach and adherence to shared governance models.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift and/or otherwise move up to 50 lbs, work some evenings and weekends, and travel.
Open Until Filled:
Position is open until filled. First consideration date is June 19, 2019.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.