The central University at Buffalo Career Services office seeks an experienced Connections Associate to join a cross-disciplinary team focused on assisting the 29,000 undergraduate and graduate students see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college.
- Contribute to the Connections Team’s employer and alumni development strategic plan and implementation to enhance networking and employment opportunities for UB students. Contribute to the Connections Team to better manage and utilize data to inform decision-making and strategy
- Manage a specific market portfolio of prospective employers according to goals in employer development strategy and stay abreast of new employers and trends within recruitment locally and nationally.
- Create and lead the strategic alumni cultivation and recruitment plan, including managing existing relationships with alumni locally, nationally, and internationally. Act as the lead liaison with the University’s Office of Alumni Engagement.
- Lead the department’s efforts to enhance and plan all alumni connections events in collaboration with Events Assistant.
- Manage and position the online mentoring platform to enhance employer and alumni development to increase the connection opportunities for students.
- Collaborates with Career Education Team to integrate online mentoring platform into programs, events and services and presents across campus to stakeholders, faculty, liaisons and classes to further the reach and usage of the platform.
- Converts mentors into external opportunities for students (job shadowing, on campus recruitment, job/internship opportunities, etc.).
- Regularly analyze and report on usage data and impact on student success.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree is required
Two years of experience in relationship management or business development. Demonstrated ability to effectively (1) develop and manage relationships with employers, alumni, and students, (2) manage multiple functional areas and initiatives (3) effectively manage programs, events and online platforms. Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills. Demonstrated skills managing and using spreadsheets, databases and online systems necessary.
Human resources or recruitment experience preferred.
A specialized knowledge of career services, alumni relations, and/or campus recruiting is preferred