Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
The Systems Engineer for Identity & Access Management will assist in the development, implementation and operations of identity and access management products and tools which support identity lifecycle, authentication, authorization, and identity proofing users of our digital assets to ensure the most frictionless experience for our community. Seeking guidance when needed, they will be responsible for the day-to-day support of digital identity provisioning; identity lifecycle management; integration with central database/data warehouse and other systems containing identity-related data; and entitlement solutions.
What We're Looking For
• Skills and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in a professional environment
• 3+ years programming with Python, Powershell, Perl
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux systems (particularly RHEL) administration and TCP/IP networking
• Ability to thrive in a rapid-paced environment and love new challenges, blending big picture with attention to detail
• Proven experience assisting with the administration, support, and troubleshooting of IAM services:
- directory services (Active Directory, LDAP, Azure AD)
- authentication technologies (SAML, MFA, OAuth)
- orchestration, provisioning or synchronization services
- process automation using REST APIs.
• Strong organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail are a vital part to the overall success of this position.
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Sound judgment to solve technical problems, self-organize, and self-manage
• Ability to communicate technical information, in both written and oral form, to varying levels of the organization.
• Deploying and administering Shibboleth and Grouper
• Experience with containerized systems in a production environment.
• Evaluating and implementing open-source solutions
• Supporting Office 365, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, AD, Email, and Messaging/Collaboration infrastructure
• Familiarity with Kafka producers and consumers
• Web application administration running under Apache/Tomcat/Jetty
• Experience with design thinking and other human centered design methodologies
• Experience working in higher education environment