-To provide operations management and technical scientific knowledge-driven planning and direction of multiple educational and research laboratories in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of the College of Engineering.
In addition, the position requires knowledge of research concepts, practices and procedures, teaching and research laboratory operations, regulatory requirements, safety, planning and budgeting and ABET requirements.
The range of duties includes, but is not limited to:
-Facility planning and maintenance, inventory control, purchasing and maintenance of laboratory equipment, fiscal and administrative services, monitoring environmental risks and quality control, planning and scheduling work, determining the training need.
- Senior Design project support for faculty and students
- Removal of items no longer needed by the department and managing their subsequent disposal or transfer to surplus.
- Providing technical support to the Research labs of the Department.
- Lending weekly support to the College of Engineering.
- Completing additional tasks as assigned by the ECE department chair.