The Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center (EPAC) seeks an energetic and highly professional Coordinator of New Student Services. The Coordinator of New Student Services will provide academic advice to prospective and current UB students, including parents and colleagues at the undergraduate level. The Coordinator of New Student Services will facilitate and teach the UE 101: Major and Career Exploration course to incoming freshmen in the fall semester.
The Coordinator of New Student Services will coordinate fall, spring and summer new student registration and orientation processes (freshmen, transfer and international) for EPAC and will assist with the tracking/monitoring of Orientation Data Forms and assignments of new students to advisors.
This position requires you to have exceptional attention to detail; high-level of organizational skill, creative ideas and resourceful problem-solving skills; exceptional communication and professional writing ability; the ability to effectively prioritize tasks; and a desire and ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a dynamic team.
The Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center (EPAC) is committed to providing as diverse and inclusive environment as possible for staff, faculty and students. Therefore, we seek candidates who are committed to ensuring that services reflect, support and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Deliver accurate, courteous and professional academic advice to prospective and current UB students, alumni, parents and colleagues.
- Effectively manage an advising caseload and provide timely follow-up on student/parent inquiries
- Record clear and detailed appointment notes (and other notes of importance) in the Student Success Portal
- Facilitate and teach the UE 101: Major and Career Exploration course to incoming freshmen in the fall semester
- Coordinate new student registration and orientation processes for EPAC
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Master’s degree in student personnel or education related field.
- One year of academic advising experience with students on a college or university setting.
- A successful candidate will also have competencies in the following areas:
o Excellent interpersonal skills, writing, verbal and strong computer skills.
o Excellent critical thinking and customer service experience.
o Strong organizational skills.
- Three or more years experience providing academic advice to students in a college or university setting.
- Project coordination experience.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with a variety of campus units/offices.
- Experience working with undergraduate student populations in higher education, such as exploratory, at-risk, and international students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to small and large groups.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment exhibiting understanding, appreciation and respect for all individuals