Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Director, Online and Corporate Engagement
Stevens Institute of Technology
Reporting directly to the Dean of the School of System and Enterprises, the Director, Online and Corporate Engagement develops and executes the overall SSE business development strategy and contributes to the development of the SSE strategic plan and goal development established by the Dean. The director will collaborate with industry representatives to evaluate corporate priorities and align them with SSE expertise and interests to establish mutually-beneficial partnerships with a focus on industry-supported research, building transactional and strategic research alliances, and establishing educational partnerships. A collaborative approach to leadership is required as this position interacts regularly with university administrators, school, and center leadership, and key faculty that interface with the corporate sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop effective key relationships with industry, government and academic partners
- Identify partnership opportunities to drive enrollment growth, analyzing the benefits of the partnership, participation in the development of cohort programs, arranging terms and establishing long-term profitable relationships.
- Establish strong initial relationships, serving as primary business point of contact for the School of Systems and Enterprises, and growing relationships over time, consistent with priorities in the strategic plan.
- Develop, coordinate and evaluate programs and projects to promote alumni relations and educational programs designed to connect alumni to the programs, goals, and mission of SSE.
- Secure financial commitments for research programs and related projects.
- Lead school-wide strategy for a select portfolio of corporate partners with multidisciplinary interest.
- Expand the depth and breadth of new and existing corporate partnerships, securing new alliances and growing revenue streams received each year from industry.
- Lead strategy briefings and provide meeting objectives to university, college, and departmental leadership in preparation of face-to-face and virtual interactions with corporate representatives.
- Maintain regular, recurring, and essential contact with associate deans for research, department chairs, center directors, faculty, corporate executives, alumni and volunteers.
- Plan and execute virtual and on-site meetings for corporate representatives that showcase academic and research programs, faculty, and students, along with opportunities to enhance economic development.
- Develop proposals for corporate prospects in support of priority projects.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contact with corporate representatives, including email, phone, virtual and face-to-face visits. Visits may include monthly regional and overnight travel.
- Infuse creativity, innovation, expertise, and insight into relationship development.
- Master’s degree in business and/or field of engineering or related required
- Four years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of responsible scale and scope.
- Knowledge of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and related disciplines.
- Commitment to advancing university-industry strategic relationships that aligns with Iowa State’s research strengths.
- Experience developing and managing a portfolio of prospects and soliciting investment aligned with mission and strategic goals.
- Knowledge of major research university system is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of corporate research and research administration will be beneficial.
- Familiarity with matters related to intellectual property and licensing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Slate, Canvas, or other related CRM tools.
- Ability to gain credibility and trust with multiple layers of complex organizations from the university to corporations.
- Previous experience working closely with deans or department chairs is preferred.
- Participation in evening and weekend work-related activities.
- Ability to interact with high level corporate executives, alumni, and university administrators in a professional manner that instills confidence in the university and its related programs.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to build relationships in a complex, decentralized, but highly collaborative environment.
- Display sensitivity to issues of diversity, equity, belonging, and inclusion.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty, and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Grade 9 position
School of Systems & Enterprises
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |