Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Accounts Payable Analyst (4627U), Disbursements Office - 40311
University of California, Berkeley
Accounts Payable Analyst (4627U), Disbursements Office - 40311
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The Accounts Payable department has campus-wide responsibility for Accounts Payable support, reconciliation, analysis, and problem solving. Accounts Payable is responsible for providing systems, policies, procedures, and training to facilitate the processing of payables transactions including vendor invoices, T&E reimbursements, leases, wire transfers, student awards and refunds. Total annual disbursements are in excess of $1 billion.
Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Analyst assists in the processing and servicing of a variety of operational, personnel, and financial transactions and services. Includes cashiering, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections, data collection and data entry, analysis, review and control, customer servicing, and reporting.
This position requires an experienced financial service professional, with a thorough understanding of financial processes and procedures, who must exercise good judgment in resolving issues regarding payment transactions via wire transfer, electronic funds transfer, and paper check.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 18, 2022
- Applies professional financial and accounting concepts to independently perform analyses of moderately complex financial services such as researching discrepancies and tax implications and compliance with external regulations and internal policies.
- Initiates wire payments through Bank of America for foreign currency transactions or for payments to vendors in foreign countries who do not accept checks.
- Confirms that payee has no sanctions or restrictions, determines that required foreign bank account and routing information is correct, and enters transaction accurately in BofA system.
- Under general supervision, researches and gathers information from a variety of sources; prepares and summarize information and reports relative to new services, regulatory compliance issues and/or vendor selection and support activities.
- Responsible for accurate Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) setup and maintenance. Also responsible for researching and correcting EFT transactions returned by the receiving banks due to incorrect account numbers or closed accounts as well as processing stop payments.
- Prepares reports and analyses to include summaries of financial transactions, evaluation of current and proposed services, etc., for management review and decision-making.
- Assists with ensuring that financial processing functions which may include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cashiering and Collections are performed with accuracy, and that daily operations run smoothly.
- Selects and processes daily Pay Cycle which creates electronic payments and paper Accounts Payable checks for payments owed to vendors, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ensures that payments are accurate and timely, initiates required approvals for payments over $100K, confirms that required backup is included with each check, and ensures that checks are addressed correctly for US Mail delivery and/or routed correctly for campus delivery.
- Functions as a resource to support staff on issues such as researching complex financial discrepancies, escalated customer service problems and vendor concerns.
- Delivers quality customer service to various constituencies to include internal department clients and external vendors.
- Accounting/Analytical - General accounting and/or accounts payable knowledge; ability to analyze fiscal data, summarize information and present it in a logical format.
- University Procedures -- Working knowledge of campus financial processes, policies and procedures.
- Information Systems - Proficiency working with computer and information management systems, including PeopleSoft financial applications, ability to learn BearBuy procurement system, the Microsoft Office suite of software, and familiarity with corporate online banking systems.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Interpersonal - Good interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups; coaching and mentoring skills to train support staff; ability to work under pressure of deadlines and multitask in an environment of changing priorities.
- Communication and Customer Service - Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly explain disbursements issues to a diverse campus community in a manner that is easily understood; strong customer service focus.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week), career position, and eligible for full UC benefits.
- This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience.
- This position is remote-friendly, offering 100% remote capability.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=40311&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |