Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Health Sciences
Job Description Summary:
To provide support in the administration of enrollment services for Health Sciences and serve as a resource regarding entrance and successful completion of Health Sciences programs.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Performs administrative support to Health Sciences programs including examining and answering correspondence, processing and prioritizing office communications, processing office communications, answering telephone and email inquiries. Schedules rooms for special events.
2) May work directly with Department Chairs and/or program staff.
3) Provides assistance and information to students, the public, and departmental faculty regarding health sciences programs and requirements.
4) Assists students in completing applications and forms, and collects materials. Reviews paperwork and completed coursework and advises on courses to complete.
5) Gathers, compiles, and enters data, producing routine and specialized reports and documents; maintains files, records, logs, and other tracking systems.
6) Designs and produces handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures, manuals, or other documents; may maintain or update webpages.
7) Assists with the documentation for accreditation requirements.
8) Maintains student files, applications, and documentation; verifies, adds, deletes, and corrects student records.
9) May make presentations and recruiting visits to provide information to prospective students and the public.
10) May oversee the workflow of others, as appropriate.
11) Other duties as assigned.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Principals and practices pertaining to health sciences admissions processes.
- Customer service techniques.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications (both orally and in writing) skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software, and virtual platforms
*Required Work Experience *
- Two years related work experience.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$33,982 – $45,545
Reports to Department Chair, Professional Nursing
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
February 7, 2022
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.