Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Dining Retail Manager
Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate dining program on the Tufts University Medford/Somerville and SMFA/Fenway campus, delivering high quality, contemporary and innovative food, and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, staff, faculty, administrators, and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team provides a progressive resident dining program as well as innovative retail services, and a distinctive university catering program serving a campus community comprised of 6500 undergraduates, 2200 graduate students, and 2300 staff, faculty and administrators.
What You'll Do
The Retail Manager is responsible for supervising and leading employees to serve in a high volume, fastpaced environment in an efficient and organized manner
- Ensures customers are being provided with exceptional customer service, and great food & beverages
- Supervises the preparation and presentation of food served in the Retail locations, and the appearance and utility of all food service stations, cashiering, general cleaning, and housekeeping, executing opening and closing procedures and all other assignments related to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- The Retail Manager works closely with management, acting as a shift leader and resource to employees, coordinating the work of all food service employees (benefited, temporary and student) on assigned shifts.
- The Retail Manager engages in job specific training and coaching of front-ofthe-house staff and promotes efficiency, morale, and teamwork
- The Retail Manager personally and through others attend to the needs of a high volume of customers while maintaining excellent customer service
- The Retail Manager is able to handle cash appropriately and operates the department POS system
- The Retail Manager is able to teach others how to operate the system and learn how to navigate the back of the house POS system
- In addition, the Retail Manager may be responsible for counting cash drawers, and enforces cash handling procedures monitoring cash handling staff for accuracy and accountability (assigning cash drawers, verify cash fund daily)
- The Retail Manager teaches and coaches service employees to work at the various stations within the unit
- The Retail Manager ensures all workstations and dining areas are properly cleaned and sanitized at all times during their shift
- The Retail Manager is responsible for ordering, forecasting and inventory as directed by the retail manager
- Other duties include assisting with scheduling, product evaluation, and attending meetings
- The Retail Manager assists with proper merchandising and marketing materials within the unit
- The Retail Manager is able to work at the service areas such as front of house, several food stations, cashier, etc and perform other duties in the unit as needed in support of customer service and the needs of the unit
What We're Looking For
- Associate’s Degree
- 2-3 years’ experience as a retail manager in a fast pace dining services environment
- Must be able to learn and operate the QuadPoint Cloud, Transact, and POS system
- Previous cash handling experience is also required
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, multi-task as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Must speak and understand English
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate and coach others
- Tuft's dining is a hospitality-oriented service provider, all employees are expected to be customer service sensitive
- Prior leadership experience is preferred
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This job involves responsibilities that are performed in an on-site working environment
- Flexible work schedule: Weekends, evening, and some holiday work is expected when classes are in session and periodically during the summer
- Schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the business
- A 50+ work week is anticipated during the academic terms
- Travel will occur in the form of professional development, advanced skills training, or to conduct research
- While based at a specific Retail Office, will be expected to visit other dining locations and within the Medford campus and at Boston SMFA location
- Development training may be needed once a year or every two years
Minimum $52,600.00, Midpoint $65,750.00, Maximum $78,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |