The Liver Center of Western New York is actively seeking a Grants Manager to work in an academic research healthcare environment. The Liver Center of WNY has brought comprehensive treatment for liver disease to the Western New York region. We are also conducting cutting-edge research studies and conduct clinical trials of novel therapies for liver disease.
We are seeking an individual to join us in a fast-paced environment that bridges the gap between clinical care and research.
This position will be split between managing the financial aspects of research grants (~80% time) and helping with general administrative tasks for the Liver Center (~20%).
This individual will work directly with the Principal Investigator and the Operations Manager to accomplish necessary tasks.
Financial tasks include:
- Managing all aspects of Liver Center financial matters
- Pre-Award budget development
- Post-Award budget management
- Monitoring and reconciliation of clinical trial and grant revenue
- Submitting for reimbursements for PI and other staff
- Tracking of clinical billing and working with billing department to ensure accuracy
- General accounting responsibilities
Administrative tasks include:
- Maintaining an Outlook calendar and scheduling appointments
- Ordering supplies and maintaining office inventory
- Transcribing notes and editing documents, as needed
- Performance of other job duties and projects, as needed, is expected
The Research Foundation is an AA/EOE employer and welcomes all to apply including persons with disabilities and veterans.
This is a pooled posting positions are filled on an as needed basis.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.