Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Events Associate (4722C), Haas School of Business - 27318
University of California, Berkeley
Events Associate (4722C), Haas School of Business - 27318
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 7, 2019
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
EVENT PROMOTION, REGISTRATION & REPORTING:
- Build and/or manage numerous, complex and diverse Cvent registration portals and web-pages for unit events.
- Serve as the primary user of Cvent and as the DAR representative to the vendor.
- Demonstrate complete proficiency with Cvent's full range of features and tools, and troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the software.
- Produce and analyze sophisticated lists and reports using a variety of systems including Cvent, CADS, and Excel to compile and combine data for dissemination, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Monitor, produce, and analyze registration reports and attendance lists
- Compile event-specific Key Performance Indicators
- Provide report of constituent data updates working with and across several data repositories
- In close partnership with the program manager and event specialist, create event-specific invitation lists.
- Using Cvent, or other e-communications tools, administer event email communications at the direction of the program manager, marketing specialist, and event specialist.
- Build and disseminate post-event surveys using Qualtrics.
- Meet regularly with event specialists and program managers to confirm event details, ensure consistency across registration and email marketing campaigns, produce event materials, and delegate work-study support, as needed.
- Manage and assist with event materials and pack lists including but not limited to the
- preparation and printing of name tags, attendee lists and rosters, directional signage, donor and class campaign signage, and faculty handouts (if applicable)
- Assembly of registration kits, inventory, organization, and ordering (as needed) of lanyards, ribbons, speaker gifts, participant swag, and Haaspitality table collateral.
- Manage all event registration payment including refunds, and phone and onsite registration using a wireless terminal; requires terminal training and compliance.
- Calculate, deposit and report event revenue.
- Post signature events to the web-based events calendar.
WORK-STUDY STUDENT SUPERVISION:
- Oversee daily responsibilities of up to four work-study students every semester.
- Recruit, interview and select the students.
- Train the work-study students on their individual tasks as well as database protocol, university policies and procedures, and office standards.
- Serve as a mentor, demonstrating a strong work ethic and the school's defining principles.
- Plan the work schedules for the work-study students, assign and explain tasks, and coordinate their duties with the needs of other colleagues.
- Provide feedback and take disciplinary action as needed.
- Track the projects and hours worked of the students, assuring that they do not exceed the hours assigned and factoring in school holidays, exam times, and other, more personal requirements of the student workers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES:
- Serve as the onsite registration lead for all unit events.
- Welcome guests, manage onsite registration, troubleshoot attendance issues, display and refresh event materials, pack and unpack event materials, and provide customer support.
- Manage and respond promptly to all email communication to the unit's events@haas account in addition to personal email and telephone accounts.
- Provide outstanding customer service demonstrating knowledge and diplomacy.
- Respond to requests and questions promptly, clearly and courteously.
- Answer non-routine and sensitive questions about the work of the school, alumni activities, and specific programs, services, and events.
- Demonstrate knowledge of issues and priorities of the Development & Alumni Relation office as well as the Haas Fund.
- Assist with general reception duties, such as responding to drop-in visitors and in-person inquiries.
- Assist with logistical support for DAR events, as needed.
- Complete other administrative duties as needed and as requested.
- Cross-train other Cvent users within the DAR unit.
- Establish and communicate clear written guidelines for the management of a variety of events using the software program.
- Innovate, improve, and streamline existing processes and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of Haas School's business processes and policies in order to support the DAR team in its mission.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Attend classes, which will enhance expertise in areas related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Serve on departmental and campus-wide committees as appropriate.
- Participate in activities that enhance the campus community and/or the larger community to further university service.
- Detail oriented with the ability to adhere to stringent deadlines and manage customer service inquiries in a timely manner.
- Organizational and time management skills to perform multiple, simultaneous tasks and assignments efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Inbox with a proficiency in Excel/Sheets, and demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated and often advanced databases and spreadsheets.
- Significant experience with web-based or software driven e-marketing platforms .
- Comfort with adopting, learning and mastering new technologies.
- Familiarity with basic HTML and WYSIWYGs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both in verbal and written communications.
- Experience writing and editing informative and persuasive copy a plus.
- Demonstrated flexibility in adjusting priorities while managing multiple projects.
- Experience working collaboratively and independently, sometimes with limited supervision, as part of a tight-knit, high-functioning team.
- Demonstrated ability to select, train, and oversee daily responsibilities of student workers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including confidence without attitude or authority, in order to interact successfully with the general public, alumni, donors, prospective students, faculty, and colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience exercising good judgement, using sensitivity and diplomacy, and experience resolving unusual or sensitive problems in ambiguous or charged situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide prompt, courteous, and skillful customer service to maintain good relations with alumni and donors.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, and ability to innovate, improve, and streamline existing processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Availability for some evening and weekend work required.
- Over-time hours are compensated according to UC policy.
Salary & Benefits
- Knowledge of Cvent, Eventbrite, RegOnline, or other leading online registration software.
- Experience using e-communication tools such as Cvent, or Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Ability to learn, master and teach new software to colleagues and student workers.
- Prior experience in Development and/or Alumni Relations.
- Knowledge and awareness of UC Berkeley and/or Haas School procedures, systems, cultures and norms.
- Prior experience with Cal Advancement Data System (CADS).
- Experience with graphic and design tools such as InDesign, Publisher, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Skilled in engaging with diverse constituents.
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $24.17 - $29.02 / Steps 1.0 - 9.0.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/cx/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27318&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |