Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Maintenance Supervisor 1 (Plumbing)
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
As the Maintenance Supervisor 1 (Plumbing)
, the candidate will be a working supervisor of Plumbing and Steamfitting in Facilities Campus Operations.
This individual will oversee the Plumbing Shops on the South and Downtown Campuses.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The successful candidate must act as a first line supervisor directing and coordinating a variety of installation, repair, and maintenance tasks, supervise and plan the work for subordinates in the Plumbing Shops as well as performing all the activities and tasks of a Plumber/Steamfitter.
- Provide oral instructions, blueprints or sketches and interpretations of documents to staff for scheduled and emergency related plumbing activities and update colleagues, supervisors, administrators, and customers with project progress and timelines.
- Being proficient with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and an electronic work order system.
- Order materials for jobs as needed and coordinate activities with other trades involved in work orders or projects for maximum efficiency.
- Inspect work during installation/repair and at completion to ensure code compliance.
- Inspects work performance of contractors to ensure conformance to project specifications.
- Provide leadership; identify training needs of staff; provide counseling and address. performance issues for subordinates; write work performance evaluations.
- Performing duties including tasks that involve the use of hand tools and power tools.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |