Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Serve as the confidential assistant to the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs, the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students, the Associate Dean of Students, and the Title IX Coordinator to assure the professional operations of the Student Affairs, Dean of Students, and Title IX Offices. Serve as the lead student-facing staff member within the Student Affairs suite of offices.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Serve as the primary support for the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs, Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students, the Associate Dean of Students, CARE Case Manager, and the Title IX Coordinator.
- Maintain an atmosphere of professional competence when interacting with students, faculty, staff, senior administrators, trustees, guests, and parents.
- Triage concerns of students and parents and other visitors regarding confidential and sensitive issues. Work with parents to resolve their concerns or connect with the respective offices for resolution. Use knowledge of university resources to answer questions.
- Use professional judgment, compassion and empathy when interacting with concerns regarding student well-being.
- Provide calendar management for the staff to schedule appointments, meetings, and events/programs. Schedule and coordinate functions with students, faculty and staff utilizing the R-25 scheduling system and Catertrax.
- Assume responsibility for daily operations of the office which include mail delivery, ordering and inventory of office supplies, greeting guests, and presenting the office as a calm and inviting place.
- Oversee recruitment, training and supervision of the student employee staff.
- Maintain confidential student conduct records, both paper and electronic. Manage and oversee the database system (Symplicity Advocate) of student conduct records. Prepare conduct cases records and communicate directly with the student, faculty and staff involved in the case. Schedule administrative hearings with the student and the Case Officer. Train administrative and professional staff on the use of the Advocate system. Respond to faculty inquiries regarding academic dishonesty accusations.
- Manage the logistics for the Campus Hearing Board. This process includes notifications to all parties, scheduling of hearing, preparing and distributing the hearing packets, and room and equipment scheduling.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for the Title IX Coordinator for Clery compliance with federal regulations.
- Prepare reports, minutes, and letters requiring a high degree of initiative, discretion, judgment, and knowledge of subject matter.
- Process invoices and bills and maintain accurate budget information and records. Print monthly budget summary reports.
- Coordinate all Workday processes for the Dean of Students Office, including working with Chartwells to maintain records, process payments and revenue for Dining and equipment maintenance accounts.
- Process Emergency Assistance Fund payments and Hull Loans, including coordination of repayment plans with the student recipient for these loans.
- Create and maintain office files and records including bi-annual purging of conduct records and conduct database. Maintain department websites and coordinate updates as needed.
- Coordinate administrative aspects of the Trustee Mentor Program including the application and student interview process, and communications with student participants.
- Provide support to the Senior Vice President as part of their leadership for Emergency Management for the university. Maintain and coordinate the Emergency Telephone Tree records for the university.
- Assist the Dean of Students staff with organization of Commencement preparations and budget.
- Attend Student Affairs Divisional meetings.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- High school graduate and postsecondary administrative assistant training. Five or more years of related work experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- A quick learner of and confidence with using third-party software platforms (such as Symplicity, Workday, and other third-party software platform).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point).
- Discretion and good judgment in handling highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience using basic accounting skills and budget maintenance.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate effectively with internal and external community members, reliably manage multiple projects, and work independently.
- Able to work with all constituencies: faculty, staff, parents, students, alumni and visitors.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Executive-Assistant_R0001697
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |