Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to leadership in education, patient care, research, and community service. Students obtain an interdisciplinary education, integrated with medicine, with access to training in dental specialties. Clinics at TUSDM provide quality comprehensive care to more than 20,000 individuals annually. Nationally and internationally, the school promotes health and educational programs and researches new procedures, materials, and technologies to improve oral health.
What You'll Do
The Materials Assistant is responsible for all storeroom operations activities, including inventory tracking. The individual receives daily deliveries and verifies accuracy of contents against packing slips; stages delivered items by unit/department in preparation for delivery (at assigned time). They will receive orders, review purchase orders and receiving each item per packing slip (noting shortages, damages, backorders on PO). The Materials Assistant forwarding initialed packing slips from completed POs to Accounts Payable (for 3 way match and vendor payment). The individual will be responsible for maintaining the central storeroom stock, e.g. routine order/replenishment. They will fill and deliver internal storeroom orders requisitioned by dispensaries/departments, in addition to special deliveries. The Material Assistant will perform inventory counts of Dispensaries and Ancillary departments. Returns (ships) damaged or incorrectly shipped goods to the vendor. The individual will also have daily reporting responsibilities to monitor and track where orders are in the system. The Materials Assistant must be customer service focused and be able to effectively communicate with various constituents across the departments.
What We're Looking For
- HS Diploma or Equivalent, i.e. GED.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including word processing, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking on a consistent basis.
- Experience in a health care setting.
Minimum $18.80, Midpoint $21.85, Maximum $24.90
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.