To perform general cleaning procedures that would ensure the University Student Center is neat, sanitary, tidy and healthy for students, faculty and staff.
Knowledge – Technical
Perform general cleaning duties to maintain a healthy environment that include:
– Empty trash cans, wash windows, buff and vacuum; use of a scrub machine; carpet cleaner and wet vac.
– Replenish paper supplies and soap in toilets and sanitize restrooms, tubs/showers.
– Clean woodwork, base boards, shift furniture to clean area, make minor repairs and replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes as needed.
– Perform preventive maintenance on cleaning equipment to assure proper operation.
– Strip, wax, buff and care for tile and terrazzo floors
– Physical ability to assist with setting up tables and chairs for meetings.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
- Listens to instructions, asks necessary questions to complete
Safety and Health Compliance
- Practices safe operating procedures with cleaning chemicals and equipment, around students, faculty, staff and throughout all buildings/assigned areas. Attends safety meetings, wears personal protective clothing.