University Facilities Design & Construction Department
seeks a Project Site Representative
to oversee an on-time, and within-budget delivery of multiple construction projects simultaneously, while assuring the safe and unrestricted pursuit of the University’s overall mission.In this role, ongoing responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor, expedite and inspect the progress and quality of the work as necessary on multiple construction projects to interpret that the projects are preceding in accordance with the contract documents.
- Monitor the construction schedule and report to the Design & Construction Project Manager and Superintendent as necessary.
- Maintain detailed records at the construction site in an orderly manner.
- Actively contribute to the analysis of past practices for continuous improvement recommendations.
- Assist in future work planning based on in-depth project status and trade labor knowledge.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to their University Facilities peers as well as the needs of the University community at large.
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders including departmental leadership, world class researchers, dedicated faculty, high performing athletes, students from around the globe, the State University Construction Fund, SUNY leadership, and the local municipalities surrounding UB’s three campuses.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About the University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
Founded in 1846 as a private medical college located in downtown Buffalo, UB is the largest and most comprehensive institution in the SUNY system. The university enrolls more than 30,000 students (approximately 2/3 undergraduate and 1/3 graduate and professional students), boasts a distinguished faculty of over 2,500 scholars, and offers over 400 degree programs at the baccalaureate, master’s, and professional and doctoral levels across 12 academic units. The university’s 280,000 alumni, in more than 150 countries, are comprised of graduates who are truly changing the world.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree with 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of staff at all levels of an organization.
Routinely completes field or project site visits and may have to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, or utilize other means to access particular areas of a project site during construction.