The University at Buffalo, Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center
, seeks an energetic and highly professional Academic Advising Assistant
. The Assistant will be a member of the academic advising team within the department of Undergraduate Education, working with constituents to advance the university’s ambitious vision for excellence in students’ academic success and university retention. The Academic Advising Assistant is responsible for providing accurate and timely academic advisement guidance to the Center’s customers which includes students, parents, and colleagues. This position will report directly to the Assistant Director of the Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Deliver timely, accurate and courteous undergraduate academic advisement for new and current students
- Provide operations administration, including triaging inquiries from the Center’s customers, such as students, parents and colleagues across campus
- Supervise the Center’s front office student workers
- Provide administrative support to the Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center and Undergraduate Education’s advising and leadership teams
- Serve as the Center’s liaison to EAB Navigate (the campus-wide student success technology suite). Function as a resource to Center staff using Navigate’s availability, appointment scheduling and campaign functionality.
- Maintain daily schedules of the Center’s professional Academic Advising staff.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center serves a diverse constituency of patrons, and our employees, services and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About the Department
The Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center (EPAC) supports the university mission of providing an inclusive environment and a transformative educational experience that promotes the academic and personal success and engagement of all undergraduate students. Working collaboratively with academic advisors, faculty, administrators, and support service providers, we aim to develop standardized best practices, deliver high quality programs, and provide the necessary resources to help our students persist and attain their undergraduate degree. The Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center (EPAC) is committed to providing as diverse and as inclusive environment as possible for staff, faculty, and students. Therefore, we seek candidates who are committed to ensuring that services reflect, support, and enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree, including competencies in the following areas:
- Possess and display a high-level of customer service to all constituents.
- Experience serving and supporting diverse populations.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong technological/computer competence. Proficient with Microsoft Office with knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Master’s degree in higher education or related field
- Experience in a higher education setting