University of Idaho
College Fiscal Officer
General Library (Div)
$63,000 or higher depending on education and experience
This position, which reports to the Academic Budget Officer in the Division of Finance, is the lead fiscal position for the University Libraries and provides support to the Academic Budget Officer or other colleges, depending on capacity.
The College Fiscal Officer advises the dean of University Libraries about financial matters and advises the leadership team about financial decisions affecting the Library. This position is responsible for ensuring the fiscal integrity of all general education, donation, revenue, grant, and other budgets, including the dean's accounts within the Library. The position also ensures compliance with all governing federal, state, and University of Idaho policies and procedures and provides the full spectrum of budgeting requirements for the Library, including high-level budget planning and fiscal management.
This position provides leadership, support, direction, and training for faculty and staff in the Library. The College Fiscal Officer also works closely with the Library leadership team in managing and promoting the Library. The College Fiscal Officer makes budget projections as well as creates periodic reports for the dean and other administrators as required.
The position works independently to apply a broad range of knowledge of financial management, project management, and federal and state regulations. The College Fiscal Officer is responsible for ensuring that funds are expended in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, and policies. This requires analyzing financial data and improving Library-wide processes and procedures for effectiveness and internal financial control.
The position serves as the Library's liaison to the Division of Finance and works with administrators to ensure the Library's unique needs are understood and addressed. The position also represents the Library in policy and compliance matters, financial business, accountability, and financial strategic planning, in addition to providing general Library support in areas of strategic importance.
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting, or related field.
- Three years of relevant experience in accounting or other related discipline.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting financial information; maintaining accounting systems; budget development and monitoring; reconciling accounts, federal and state laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Experience using MS Excel and current computer software.
- Experience managing or utilizing database and accounting systems to store, analyze, and report information about finances and programs.
- Graduate degree in business, accounting, or related field.
- Five or more years of relevant experience in accounting or other related discipline.
- Good knowledge of and experience with accounting theory and practice, analyzing and interpreting financial information, maintaining accounting systems, developing and monitoring budgets.
- Experience and knowledge of Banner finance.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
Experience working with state or federal governmental funds.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of working styles and a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently and accurately.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make sound decisions and set priorities by applying policies and procedures and using available resources.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift and/or otherwise carry 25 pounds. Ability to work in an environment that may contain dust and/or mold.
Open Until Filled:
The position is open until filled with a first consideration date of June 17, 2019.
Please explain in detail how you meet all required and any applicable preferred qualifications for the position in your letter of qualification.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.