Student services and the registrars office provides service to students, faculty, staff and parents in areas of financial aid, bursar functions and records for arts, sciences and engineering students to include graduate and undergraduate populations. student services collaborates with faculty, staff and outside agencies to provide accurate and timely information regarding both academic and financial aspects of student records.
What You'll Do
This position is intended to provide service to current students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University, who depend on a historical financial and academic record by performing accurate entry into the Student Information System of all academic and billing records elements, to include but not limited to: enrollment and grade changes, biographic/demographic updates, transfer of credit, leave of absence and degree certification. Provide service support for billing and financial aid information and transactions as they relate to the student record. In addition, this position provides information in-person, via telephone, and electronic communication to its stakeholders. Position requires three days a week working on campus.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience as typically acquired by a bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of related experience in higher education or related field and a High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to use all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Skilled experience with Student Information System, preferably Peoplesoft
- Must become familiar with university operational calendar and information flow regarding student records, biographical data, and University policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion in handling sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and not be hindered by frequent interruptions
- Accuracy and attention to detail to respond and interact with diverse populations
- Acknowledge errors in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to understand and articulate University policies regarding Academic and Financial recordkeeping.
- Actively participate in department goal of cross training.
- Excel in orienting new employees to the department.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
May require extended hours during high volume times during the academic year.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity