The Executive Administrative Dean's (EAD) Office of Arts and Sciences (A&S) is responsible for the overall administrative functions of the School of Arts of Sciences, including the School of the Museum of Fine Arts (SMFA), the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS), and the AS&E Shared Division (with the School of Engineering). The Dean's Office oversees the school's academic departments, the teaching and research enterprises, student services, and facilities. Functions of the EAD’s office for the four units represented above include financial oversight and strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource management, and facility management and planning.
What You'll Do
The Associate Director of Administration for Arts & Sciences reports to the Director of Administration for Arts and Sciences and works closely with the Director of Administration and the Executive Administrative Dean (EAD) on the implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures for School of Arts of Sciences, the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts (SMFA), the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS), and the AS&E Shared Division. The position helps ensure that school resources — including financial, human capital, and physical space - are allocated in a manner that aligns with the strategic plans of the schools and the University as a whole. The position serves a critical role as interface between A&S chairs, administrators, managers, and the dean’s office on administrative issues, providing financial and compliance oversight while supporting local unit business needs. The Associate Director will lead analysis and evaluation of units or functions across all areas within the school, collaborating with other units as needed.
What We're Looking For
Knowledge and experience as typically acquired by:
- 5 to 7 of progressively responsible and significant leadership experience more complex administrative and financial responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent financial, business, and strategic analysis skills and experience
- Superior Excel and data analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Direct Experience managing communication with diverse group of stakeholders and partners
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely to leadership
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead complex business projects
- Ability to represent EAD and dean’s office
- Ability to manage time effectively and work under concurrent deadlines
- Excellent prioritization, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Highly motivated, proactive, and able to work independently
- Highly adaptable and organized, able to shift priorities while managing long term project timelines
- Professional demeanor with strong customer focus
- Experience in a higher education environment
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.