Performs a variety of specialized technical, clerical and administrative support duties for the Chief of Police at the college site such as, but not limited to, entering and accessing data to secure law enforcement databases, obtaining data in support of adherence to state and federal mandated compliance. Interacts with allied law enforcement agencies and provides support when requested. Assists with District-Wide Public Safety systems and provides data entry and systems compliance. Coordinates and performs administrative projects, work flow, and support activities for the Chief of Police as directed.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Public Safety Operations Coordinator â Represents an administrative position with specialized experience and training in law enforcement, Public Safety data systems, and supports the Chief of Police with complex and unique compliance research. The Public Safety Operations Coordinator requires substantial training and certification for access to law enforcement/public safety databases. They must possess the ability to organize work, information flow, and perform duties in support of the Chief of Police including but not limited to; solve data disputes and train other public safety staff members on policies and procedures; provide professional level support the Chief of Police in confidential and sensitive matters. The work performed requires application of departmental procedures and utilization of local, regional, state and federal criminal record systems unique to law enforcement, Department of Justice, and the criminal justice system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Assists the Chief of Police to gather and analyze data related to various state and federally mandated reporting systems.
* Provides administrative support to the Chief of Police with California Department of Justice (CLETS) audit reports. Coordinates the tracking of all campus Public Safety staff required trainings.
* Coordinates the development and delivery of trainings to college Public Safety personnel and provides administrative support to the Chief of Police with documentation in Report Exec (Records Management System) and Lexipol (Public Safety Protocol Manual).
* Provides administrative support with the development and revision of protocols and conducts audit procedures in response to reports of non-compliance, various reports including but not limited to investigation summaries to administration, management, and federal agencies, as required.
* Supports the Chief of Police in updating and maintaining compliance protocols, procedures, and program documentation. Provides assistance to the other two college Public Safety Directors as directed.
* Assists in gathering requisite data for formulation of, publication and distribution of the Annual Security Report to college students and staff. Updates links provided to campus Human Resources and Admissions and Records for potential students and employees. Posts reports on college web portal and distributes notification of the report's availability.
* Maintains, updates and trains the college's approved and identified Campus Safety Authorities (CSAs). Creates and distributes communications to CSAs related to required trainings, updating and maintenance of CSAs certifications and any additional information necessary to ensure CSAs are up-to-date and aware of process and/or procedural changes.
* Assists with identifying all college programs and activities that require crime statistics. Provides administrative support to the Chief of Police in maintaining Clery Act requirements including but not limited to written communications to law enforcement agencies identified in this process.
* Monitors the California Department of Justice and California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (CLETS) to assist the Chief of Police in ensuring the District and college sites are connected through OCSD. Provides access to CLETS for District-wide Public Safety Officers and specific inquiries for the colleges' Behavioral Assessment Teams.
* Provides technical support and coordinates updates/revisions to a variety of technical systems currently utilized by the Public Safety Department such as, Omnigo (Report Exec RMS), Closed-Caption TV cameras (Avigilon system), Access Control (Lenel system), NuPark system, and the electronic secure key cabinet (Keytrak) system for hard-copy keys.
* Serve as a liaison and representative of the Public Safety Organization as designated by the Chief of Police for a variety of local law enforcement and emergency management organizations.
* Provides administrative support for Public Safety Office in creating, updating, maintaining and editing purchase orders, requisitions, payroll time cards and/or data, electronic personnel action forms (ePAFs), etc. as needed.
* Collects crime data from various external sources including local law enforcement agencies.
* Retrieves, interprets, and disseminates information from law enforcement computer systems, databases, and other sources. Distributes and receives reports of investigative details to/from other law enforcement entities.
* Receives walk-in guests and telephone inquiries from a variety of individuals. Initiates and receives telephone calls, provides information and resolves matters, or routes calls.
* Interacts with public safety officers by telephone, radio and in person to obtain or provide information. Responds to special requests by officers attempting to obtain information by accessing law enforcement databases and manual files to locate information.
* Receives and sends urgent messages from and to various agencies. Takes appropriate action or notifies appropriate person based on message received.
* Provides duties of Public Safety Officer when needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.